About our OHIP Billing Software Company MDBilling.caTM
MDBilling.caTM is a cloud-based OHIP medical billing software company that was founded to support the increasing demands for fast, accurate, and reliable medical billing. We started as a group of founders and we remain independent to this day. Here’s a bit about our story.
Our goal is simple: save time, earn more®.
The idea for our product was the result of a frustrated physician looking for billing software that was easy to use and inexpensive. The founders saw the need, got together with a set of key features, and decided to pursue the development of a cloud-based OHIP billing software. The company was founded in 2008 and a year later, the first version of the software was launched.
Since 2008, we have grown exponentially. Today we have over 10 passionate employees helping thousands of physicians and numerous hospitals with their OHIP billing.
By the Numbers – Helping Physicians Save Time, Earn More®
OHIP Billing Data Security
Our commitment to patient confidentiality and information security began with the design of the application in 2008. Our team of developers have substantial experience in programming techniques, best practices, and encryption methodologies to ensure information security is not compromised.
Our business model and workflow have been reviewed for privacy. Using external consultants, we have conducted a Privacy Impact Assessment (PIA) and a Threat Risk Assessment (TRA) to ensure that we meet provincial and federal regulations.
Specifically, we protect your data in the following ways:
- All information transmitted to and from our servers as well as data stored in our servers is encrypted with a minimum of 256-bit encryption.
- We’ve implemented two-factor authentication (2FA), which you can enable to further secure your account.
- Our servers are scanned for vulnerabilities regularly by Norton and any newly-identified problems are addressed quickly.
- The MDBilling.caTM application, including your data, is backed-up daily and protected behind network and server level firewalls.
At its core, we believe that your data is your data. So, in addition to the above, we never sell your data to 3rd party vendors. It’s one of the reasons we remain independently Canadian owned.
Billing Software Technology
Our platform is developed on Microsoft .NET technology. Our proprietary software automates the data entry process by minimizing human intervention while empowering physicians to track their medical billing information over the web.
With 13 employees and growing, we’re a team of people built to help physicians save time, earn more®. Our professionals include:
- Technology marketing professional in the system integration industry.
- Senior Developer with extensive experience in Microsoft .NET technologies.
- Medical claim assessor for the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care.
Medical Billing Careers
Interested in working for MDBilling.caTM?
Send us your cover letter and resume here:[email protected]
KEY FACTS & TIMELINES
MDBilling.caTM now available in BC
20th employee joins (and growing)
Over 2,600 Physicians use MDBilling.caTM
$650M+ OHIP claims paid since 2008
13th employee joins (and growing)
- Next generation (v2) of the iOS app is launched
- Intergration with OSCAR EMR is available
Thousands of physicians use MDBilling.caTM
Various hospital groups use the billing service
10th employee joins (and growing)
- Sticker-to-text launched
- API integration
- MCEDT ready
Over 1,000 physicians use MDBilling.caTM
Over $100M in OHIP revenue billed
- 2nd version released
- Better stability
- Improved performance
1st Internet OHIP Software
No Modem required
- Clinical Logic – advanced algorithm incorporating rules from the OHIP Schedule of Benefits
- Optical Character Recognition (OCR) to automate the capture of billing data