Resources For New Doctors in Ontario
Ultimate Guide to Medical Billing for New Doctors
Here we’ve pulled together a line-up of internal and external resources for medical professionals that will be useful as you navigate your first year.
Assembling Your Team of Advisors
As you build your practice, you may want to lean on the specific expertise of accountants or lawyers when navigating tax decisions, incorporation, and billing audits.
We consulted these professionals for their expert perspectives to write this guide, and would highly recommend their services.
Jonathan Tucker, Healthcare Accountant, J Tucker
Tucker Professional Corporation is a Chartered Accounting practice with offices in Richmond Hill, Hamilton and London, Ontario. Jonathan and his team advise Health Professionals, Independent Health Facilities and Corporate Health Care Providers in Canadian corporate tax, personal tax, wealth planning & accumulation strategies and sales and commodity taxes (GST/HST).
Tahir Saeed, Chartered Accountant Professional Corporation, Saeed & Company
Lonny Rosen, Health Law Specialist, Rosen Sunshine LLP, Health and Regulatory Law
Rosen Sunshine LLP is a boutique health and regulatory law firm based in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Our mission is to provide our clients with strategic, practical advice, wise counsel and effective representation with any matter entrusted to us. We aim to provide clients with the highest level of service but to meet our clients’ needs in a cost-effective manner.
Our practice includes all areas of health and regulatory law advocacy and advice.
More Resources for New Doctors
Transitioning into and Managing your Practice
- Transition into Practice Toolkit: HealthForceOntario
- Professional Association of Residents of Ontario: After Residency Resources
- MDBIlling.ca Support Resources
- MOHLTC Online Resource Manual for Physicians
- OMA Education Network
- Joule Resources for Physicians
- OHIP Billing Resources from the Ontario Medical Association (OMA)
- OMA Advice on Managing your Practice
Job Boards for Doctors
- Canadian Association of Staff Physician Recruiters (CASPR) Job Board
- Job Board: HealthForceOntario
- College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario (CPSO)
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Ministry of Health and Long-term Care
DISCLAIMER: The information contained in this learning material is for general educational purposes only and is not intended to provide specific professional medical, financial or legal advice, nor to constitute a “standard of care” for Canadian healthcare professionals. The use of MDBilling.ca’s learning resources is subject to the foregoing as well as the MDBilling.ca Terms of Service.